Following passage of
Heroic volunteers braved the streets in the face of militant opposition coordinated between extremist left wing groups and even some police, weathered attacks and street protests to obtain petition signatures. They collected 137,000 petitions, more than twice the 55,736 signatures needed – 30 percent from Democrats. I wrote about the whole thing last year, here, here and here..
Then followed a year-and-a-half-long battle, in which the Democrats rolled out the indescribably despicable DNC chief lawyer, Joseph Sandler to launch multiple frivolous lawsuits and investigations, while O’Malley’s state allies engaged in the Democrats’ now routine tactic of defamation and misinformation.
Sandler has a long history of thuggish, fascist behavior on behalf of the thuggish, fascist, DNC. From Potomac Tea Party Report:
- Sandler tried to silence Glenn Beck—to keep him from talking about Van Jones.
- Sandler silenced those clamoring in 2008 for Obama’s birth certificate.
- Sandler tried to silence Robert Spencer and keep him from talking about Muslim extremists.
- Sandler tried to silence the real Tea Party with the dirty trick of setting up phony Tea Parties.
- Sandler was involved in legal challenges to silence critics of gay marriage (by endorsing the plan to post all their names on the internet and thus subject them to potential harrassment).
- Sandler is trying to silence those who want photo IDs for voting.
- He demanded that the state Board of Elections turn over the names and addresses of every petition signer. He got it! God knows what he will do with it, but he promised he would not harass individual signers! Sure, how nice.
- He sued the BOE to throw out the petitions, many of which were collected from the internet due to an innovative website Del. Parrot created. Sandler lost.
- He sued to have the referendum denied on the basis that it was a spending bill, which by state law cannot be subject to referendum. He lost.
- He appealed and lost the appeal.
- Then he demanded an investigation of Del. Parrot for the Delegate’s partisan activities. Yes I know, nuts. He is losing that one.
- Finally, he demanded an investigation of Help Save Maryland’s Brad Botwin for posting ads about the DREAM Act. He will lose that one too.
Meanwhile practically the entire
Is there not a law against using the legal system as a weapon against one’s political opponents? There should be, and Sandler should be reflecting on his legal ethics from the inside of a cell, not being celebrated as a leading Democrat lawyer. And why do the Democrats keep on employing such losers? Somewhere deep down they must know they are wrong, else how could they keep promoting idiots like “Indian Joe” Biden? Do they really want him one heartbeat away from the nuclear codes?
Despite calling the DREAM Act a “spending” bill to defeat the referendum, the state has been completely disingenuous about the measure’s spending requirements, claiming it will cost at most a few $million per year. True to form, the media has been largely AWOL in attempting to get at the truth.
But this may well be the deciding factor for many voters. I delved into the issue this past weekend and came up with what are probably much more realistic estimates: in the tens and perhaps even hundreds of millions per year.
James Simpson is a freelance journalist, businessman and former White House budget analyst.. His writings have also been published on Right Side News, Big Government, Big Peace, Emerging Corruption, American Thinker, Washington Times, WorldNetDaily, FrontPage Magazine, Soldier of Fortune and others. His blog is Truth & Consequences.