Jan Markell | Olive Tree Ministries
We hear so much about “converging signs” today. The Bible speaks about end-time signs that will increase like birth pangs near the end. I think we have passed the birth pang process, frankly.
As a popular TV preacher said, “We’re no longer in Kansas, nor the Land of Oz.” Like Dorothy in “The Wizard of Oz”, we’re looking around and seeing that everything is different. Everything we once took for granted and considered normal has been fundamentally transformed and usually not for the better.
But God is allowing it all, even if He isn’t orchestrating chaos, as He is not a God of chaos.
Have you noted recent major stories and how they confirm the words of those of us saying that things aren’t falling apart, they are falling in place. Stories like . . .
- Russia and Iran co-operating and conspiring (Ezekiel 38-39).
- Gog is stirring. Russia has been relatively quiet for decades, but now Vladimir Putin is on the move.
- With ISIS marching towards Damascus, Syria is begging Israel to fulfill Isaiah 17.
- The United Nations, Barack Obama, the Pope, and many more, are clamoring for global government (Revelation 13). All of these men may have interesting assignments in the kingdom of Antichrist.
- Because of the increase of wickedness, love is growing cold. (Matthew 24:12) Can you say Planned Parenthood? Have we returned to those predicted “days of Noah” where such evil as this was rampant? (Matthew 24:37)
- How about those “perilous times” (II Timothy 3)? Who other than deluded, power-drunk men and women, would give billions of dollars and nuke capacity to the mullahs who want to bring international chaos on the world so their Mahdi can return? Why would Westerners give such power to ayatollahs who want to ignite EMPs above the free world and send us back to the 1800s? Does the Mad Hatter rule?
- Yet world leaders are crying in a Chamberlain-esque manner, “peace and safety!” (I Thess 5:3) They are calling evil good (Isaiah 5:20). Lighting the spark for Armageddon is good. Wiping out Israel is good. Making Iran the Mid-East power is good. Allowing mad mullahs to mount nukes on their ICBMs, aimed at Western capitals, is good. This is leading to world peace! And the world will be one. Strong delusion!
- Europe is imploding. Barack Obama has dismantled America. The world is fundamentally transformed, thus it is awaiting a man, somewhere in the shadows, known as the Antichrist. He will make things right, turn darkness into day, re-distribute wealth, and more. As Paul Henri Spaak, former Secretary General of NATO, said of a future “Mr. Fix-It,” if he could lift us out of an economic morass, “be he god or devil, we will receive him.” Note the adoration of Pope Francis. This is a foreshadowing. He is warranting the largest security effort in U.S. history. You would think he represents the Second Coming.
- Apostasy is so bad in many churches that people no longer attend church (II Timothy 4:3).
- The predicted evil is rising (II Timothy 3). The Hindu goddess Khali was beamed onto the Empire State Building a month ago. Perhaps she is the new matriarch of America, replacing our founders’ dream of a God-inspired America.
- And ALL nations are having “distress with perplexity” (Luke 21:28). ALL nations have dilemmas for which there are simply no solutions which is the meaning of “distress with perplexity”.
I could go on and on but you get the point. We can’t let breaking news interpret the Bible but we can see that a newspaper in one hand and a Bible in the other is complimentary. This doesn’t have to be newspaper exegesis.
Scripture says that when we see these things BEGIN to happen, we are to lift up our heads and know that our redemption draws nigh.
That BEGAN to happen in 1948 with the re-birth of Israel. How much closer are we now?
Everyone who is watching the signs of the times has a sense of urgency. A sense that there is a countdown. A sense that things are not the same and will never be the same again.
And we don’t have a yellow brick road that leads to a fantasy-land where all the good times will resume, but we do have our Heavenly Home where all things are perfect.
Catch my on-air discussion of these issues with Amir Tsarfati and Pastor Jack Hibbs here. They are two of my conference guests October 2-3 and this is my current radio program.
We discuss these trends and more at “Understanding the Times 2015”, October 2-3, at Grace Church, Eden Prairie, MN. There is no cost or registration needed.
SPEAKERS: Dr. Robert Jeffress, Michele Bachmann, Pastor Jack Hibbs, Amir Tsarfati.
Live stream it and have 30-day access. Get all info here.
Conference CDs and DVDs by November 10.
Our Hotels: Our initial hotel sold out in May so don’t delay. Others sold out in July. One option is AmericInn Chanhassen, 570 Pond Promenade, Chanhassen, MN 55317 952-934-3888. King rooms are $94 and queen double rooms are $99.
TownePlace Suites of Eden Prairie: 11588 Leona Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55344: 952-942-6001 Rooms are $79 and $89. They are king suites and double queen suites.
Act today! Please ask for the Olive Tree Ministries/Understanding the Times’ rate! Thousands come from across America. Join them!
Listen to our one-minute radio spot heard on our 800 radio stations here.
NOTE: We surf the Internet and post current headlines each morning. Find them here. Look for this RSS symbol, enter your e-mail, and have them in your in-box by 10 a.m. CST.
We read all e-mails but due to volume, we cannot reply to all.
UNDERSTANDING THE TIMES RADIO
Find complete syndication for “Understanding the Times” radio on 800 radio outlets here. They include American Family Radio Talk Network, American Family Radio Inspiration Network, CSN Network, HOPE-FM Network, Bott Radio Network, The Psalm FM Network, Sirius Satellite Network, The Word FM, Salem Communications, OnePlace.com, and individual radio stations. We are live Saturdays, 9 a.m. CST out of Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. You can listen live here or here.
Find upcoming guests here.
Find info on listening devices such as iPhone, Android, iPad here.