mp3 download link) and below are the “show notes” from this program. [caption id="attachment_42103" align="aligncenter" width="654"] Washington DC has become the capital of sodom and gomorrah[/caption] Segment One Our hearts are heavy over the recent decision of the Supreme Court to make same-sex marriage the law of the land in all 50 states. I must say that we are not surprised by this decision. Our nation has removed God’s standard of righteousness that once governed this nation. We now have a nation where every man does that which is right in his own eyes. Equality has be come the standard instead of righteousness. If we give certain rights to heterosexuals, we must give the same rights to homosexuals. There are a number of violations to the law in the two decisions that came down from the High Court last week. Today I want to talk about what really happened in these decisions. Let me start by sharing a verse from the Bible that it heavy on my heart: The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. Psalms 2:2-4 The “kings of the earth,” the rulers of the world, have become brazen in their rebellion against God. We are no longer on a slippery slope, we are in free-fall. We are thumbing our noses and shaking our fists at God. Who do we think that we are? How can we think that God will be OK with this? Some have said that since we have not seen lighting come down from heaven, we have not seen God’s judgment. They only say this because they are not looking in the right direction. Today we will see that homosexuality is part of God’s judgment. As nations conspire to throw off every vestige of God and every aspect of righteousness God laughs at them. God will not be mocked. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. Galatians 6:7-9 We must not give up the fight. We must continue to be faithful to God and to His percepts. The Lord told the church at Philadelphia that He knew they had little strength: I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. Revelation 3:8 This church may not have had much strength, but it was a faithful church. As a result of this church’s faithfulness the Lord gave great promises to it. Other things that show the kings of the earth’s rebellion against God is the fact that the White House was decorated with rainbow colors to celebrate this ungodly decision. The Department of Education, on its Facebook page, changed their logo, putting the rainbow colors to celebrate this brazen disregard for God’s precepts. The Department of Education is responsible for the teaching of the children of this nation. That means yours and mine if they are in the government schools. The fact is that our schools are no longer teaching our children. Instead of teaching, they are indoctrinating our children to get them to do everything but follow God’s principles. God will not be mocked. If man sows to the flesh, he will reap corruption. I think it is ironic that these people have chosen the rainbow to represent their movement. The rainbow really reflects upon a holy God, a God that should be feared. People should tremble when they think about the rainbow because it reminds us of God’s judgment on sin. The rainbow was given as a promise from God, not that He would not judge the earth again, but that He would not do so with a world wide flood. The rainbow should remind us that God is a holy and righteous God, and that He has the authority to bring judgment upon mankind. It should remind us that God can, and will, judge mankind for his sin. We should never forget this. The homosexual crowd is using this symbol to celebrate its accomplishment. It is celebrating its rebellion against God. As Bible-believing Christians, we must remember that, in these last days, we are the target. Getting recognition is not enough, they want to take us down. We have often said that appeasement never works. It did not work with Hitler. It is not working with Islam. It will not work with the homosexual crowd. Appeasement will only embolden them and they will not stop until we are corrupted. Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Romans 1:32 Satan’s goal is to destroy God’s people. If he can’t destroy us, he will corrupt us. Through all of this we must remember how holy God is. We have lost sight of this fact. We have made God, in Jesus Christ, our buddy. He is our friend, but He is not our buddy, He is God.
Listen to the program HERE (mp3 download link) and below are the “show notes” from this program.
The Division Of PowersWe need to understand our form of government. It is supposed to be a constitutional republic that is based upon three branches of government, each having its own roll. The Supreme Court was never intended to make law, that is the job of the legislature (congress). I like what Ted Cruz said. He said that maybe some of these black robed justices should resign and go run for congress. If they want to make laws, that is where they should be. We have flipped our republic upside down. When the courts rule, it becomes law. This is called case law. Our Republic was not built upon case law, it was built upon common law. Common law is built upon the Ten Commandments. Our founders understood that God’s moral principles are the only solid foundation for a strong and healthy society. They understood that God’s laws are higher than man’s laws, and that we cannot violate those laws without consequences. Today we have a nation that is not only violating God’s higher law, they are celebrating the violation of it. The Supreme Court was never meant to codify law with their rulings. The Court has been doing this for the last 60 or more years.
Dissenting OpinionsJustice Scalia made the strongest arguments against what is happening with the Court. He said: A system of government that makes the People subordinate to a committee of nine unelected lawyers does not deserve to be called a democracy. When the Supreme Court does this, Scalia says we can’t be called a democracy. In essence he said that the Court made law, and it doesn’t have the authority to do so. Chief Justis Roberts said essentially the same thing. The majority’s decision is an act of will, not legal judgment. The right it announces has no basis in the Constitution or this Court’s precedent. The majority expressly disclaims judicial “caution” and omits even a pretense of humility, openly relying on its desire to remake society according to its own “new insight” into the “nature of injustice.” If you are among the many Americans — of whatever sexual orientation — who favor expanding same-sex marriage, by all means celebrate today’s decision. Celebrate the achievement of a desired goal. Celebrate the opportunity for a new expression of commitment to a partner. Celebrate the availability of new benefits. But do not celebrate the Constitution. It had nothing to do with it. I find it ironic that Roberts is complaining about what the Court did with same-sex marriage when he had just done the same thing in the decision on Obama Care the day before. He rewrote the law. How hypocritical can one be? Roberts went on to say: This is an opening door to polygamy. I do not mean to equate marriage between same-sex couples with plural marriages in all respects. There may well be relevant differences that compel different legal analysis. But if there are, petitioners have not pointed to any. When asked about a plural marital union at oral argument, petitioners asserted that a State “doesn’t have such an institution.” But that is exactly the point: the States at issue here do not have an institution of same-sex marriage, either. The petitioners were asked about this opening the door to plural marriages and they responded that the States don’t have such an institution. He points out that they don’t have an institution of same-sex marriage either. There is no precedent upon which to base this decision. If the Court has the right and power to declare same-sex marriage legal, then it has the same power concerning polygamy. The effects of this go far beyond same-sex marriage. Islam practices both polygamy and pedophilia. These are the next areas of attack.
Would you consider supporting this ministry on a monthly basis? You can do so by going to our donation page.
Segment Two: Supreme Court Declares Same-Sex a Constitutional RightThe Supreme Court not only made same-sex marriage legal, it declared it a constitutional right. This “right” is never addressed in any of our founding documents. Today is July 4th, the birthday of our nation. This nation as stood for 236 years. How many more birthdays will we celebrate for our nation? We have had the longest free republic in the history of the world. How much longer can our nation stand with its rebellion against God? The Bible says: …For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: Luke 12:48 God has blessed this nation and we do know His ways. After all He has done for God, we, as a nation, have turned our back on Him. Part of the message of Fortress of Faith is that, if we continue in our sin and rebellion against God, we will see His judgment.
An Attempt To Overthrow Our Government?Justice Scalia used a word in his dissenting statement that most of us are unfamiliar with. He didn’t just dissent, he gave a scathing rebuke of the Court’s going far beyond its constitutional powers. But what really astounds is the hubris reflected in today’s judicial Putsch. He used two unfamiliar words here. The word “hubris” implies excessive arrogance. The word “Putsch” means a violent attempt to overthrow a government. He is telling us that arrogance, haughtiness, and pride, reflected in the Court’s decision, is a violent attempt to overthrow the United States government. The judicial branch of our government is no longer able to properly conform to its boundaries. The other two branches of government are not holding it accountable. The executive branch, the President’s administration, has been violating its role in many ways. The legislative branch, Congress, has no will to stand up against what is happening.
Can we recover from this? Impeach the Justices?Justices can be impeached. Is this the answer? It is a possible answer because the Senate has the power to impeach. It could bring up charges of impeachment against the five Justices who brought about this illegal action. Do we see the will in the Senate to do so? I don’t think so. We just saw the Senate give the President authority to negotiate the TPP, the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which basically hands over the sovereignty of the US to set up something like the European Union. I don’t see the will of the Senate to overthrow these Justices. We need to remember that it is not just this one decision that is the problem. We have had a repeated pattern of abuse by the Court. Every time any court makes a law it turns our entire republic upside down. If Congress is not willing to stand up for their own powers it makes Congress and empty figurehead. Our whole system of government is gone. The Supreme Court not only acted as legislators, they acted as God by inventing a new right. Our Declaration of Independence says that we are endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights, among these life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. We recognize that it is God who gives us rights, and that these rights cannot be touched. These Justices acted like God by granting a new right. What is happening is serious, not only because of what it does for homosexual rights, but for the survival of our nation and our freedoms. I believe that this is going to lead to a division in our nation. I don’t see how our republic, as a whole, can stand in light of this unlawful act on the part of the Supreme Court. I think we will possibly see states like Texas and Alaska looking to secede. Some are already saying we want to have a convention of states to correct the problems. This will not work because you will just have the same legislators in the convention. These legislators are already making these ridiculous rules in the state legislatures. Our efforts must be more regional, more local, to try to restore the rule of law. By rule of law I mean to have a society that is living by a civil code, that is not allowing an Oligarchy, which is a form of power structure in which power effectively rests with a small number of people. We can’t allow a dictator in the White House to have his way. I don’t see the Republic recovering as a whole from this. This is why to solution must come from a regional and local level. I really fear that the United States may not remain united for much longer. I suspect we are headed for some kind of a reformation, a dividing up of our country. It seems like the liberals are bent on the changing of our nation from a nation of the rule of law, to a nation run by a few at the top. This can only break our nation up.
Be informed. Purchase our special package on Understanding Islam for the special price of $15.00 plus shipping and handling. You can order it from our webstore.Segment Three
- We know that Justice Scalia wrote his opinion with much care. They take weeks to write these dissents and they choose their words very carefully. The origin of the word “putsch” is German, and here is another definition:
- A plotted revolt or attempt to overthrow a government, especially one that depends upon suddenness and speed. This is basically a coup.
- Justice Scalia is saying that this action by the judicial branch of the government was a judicial coup. He is saying it was a sudden and speedy attempt to overthrow the government.
- We have said many times that Islam is part of God’s judgment on America. Islam is very patient, they work slowly, over time. Every once in a while there must be a revolution, like in Iran. Sometimes things must happen quickly. We know that this President talked about a fundamental transformation of America.
- We know that liberals are trying to change America. The sad thing is that Republicans are doing the same things. Those who are globalists, those who think we should be part of the new world order, part of the global world agenda, are working to dismantle the sovereignty of this nation. The Trans-Pacific Partnership is part of this agenda.
- The judicial activism and tyranny seen in this decision by the Court is not limited to the homosexual issue. It affects our entire republic. This is why we are asking if American can stand much longer as a whole. We are starting to believe that the answer is no.
- We know that there will be some effects on churches. Even Justice Roberts said this might affect the tax exempt status of churches. If a church decides not to marry homosexual couples, if a church decides not to accept homosexual members, if a church teaches what the Word of God says about homosexuality, they could lose their tax exempt status.
- The Court asked the Solicitor General if the tax exempt status of religious organizations would be in question.
- Indeed, the Solicitor General candidly acknowledged that the tax exemptions of some religious institutions would be in question if they opposed same-sex marriage. See Tr. of Oral Arg. on Question 1, at 36–38. There is little doubt that these and similar questions will soon be before this Court. Unfortunately, people of faith can take no comfort in the treatment they receive from the majority today.
- Churches are going to have to decide if they are under the authority of the government or of Christ. Section 508 of the tax codes says that churches need not apply for the 501C because they are inherently exempt. Many pastors have said the day would never come when they would come after the churches. This day has come and we must face the truth.
- This is also an attack on the freedom of religion and the freedom of speech. If we tell a homosexual that we believe that marriage is holy and that we will not participate in a marriage that is forbidden by God, we will be in violation of the law and can lose our tax exempt status. Some pastors won’t take a stand for God’s precepts.
- There was a picture of the White House lit up with rainbow colors and homosexual advocates standing in front with balloons saying “love wins.” I suspect this comes from a book by Rob Bell titled “Love Wins.” Bell claims to be a pastor, but he is really a heretic. He says everyone is going to Heaven and no one is going to Hell. He has come out in full support of homosexual marriage.
- One youth pastor posted on Facebook, “To my gay friends, I love you.” There seems to be a new thing going around “Christian” circles that says we must have friends in every area of sin if we are to be true Christians. They seem to think we must have 5 Muslim friend, 5 homosexual friend, 5 adulterous friends, etc. to be a real Christian.
- One pastor said the response we should have to the Supreme Court’s ruling should only be love, only love. Love the gay community, embrace them. He said if you consider the gay community to have a legitimate place in the church, then you are fulfilling the passage out of John 13 where Jesus said we are to love one another. We know that this commandment is to Christians, not to the world.
- According to this pastor, if we are grieving over this decision we have it wrong. If we are angry that God is being mocked, we have the wrong attitude and are not true Christians. This “love wins” attitude means don’t say anything, don’t upset anyone, and embrace their sin.
- There is another reaction to this decision. One pastor said:
- Many in the church are now saying that due to the decision to legalize gay marriage America will be judged by God. I thought Jesus took the judgment for sin at the cross.
- Does the fact that Jesus took the judgment for sin at the cross mean that God no longer judges? Don’t we read in Matthew that Jesus is coming back to judge the nations? Don’t Christians read their Bibles any more?